Instagram vs YouTube Influencers – Whom Should You Choose For Your Brand?
GRIN also recommends this Quick Guide: Influencer Types: Which is best for your brand?
- May 08, 2019
- Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is here to stay. It’s a growing phenomenon and many brands leverage it as much as possible to gain the maximum benefits.
However, when it comes to selecting the most suitable social media platform for their campaigns, brands can easily get confused. In general, social platforms like Instagram and YouTube are the most effective channels for influencer marketing.
So, how will you decide which one to select? Let’s do a quick comparison between the two platforms. This will help you decide which one’s the most suitable option for your brand. And whether you should work with an Instagram influencer or a YouTube influencer.
Hand Picked Content
- 10 Influencer Marketing Strategies You Should Know
- Influencer Marketing Measurement – What You Need to Know
Quick Comparison Between Instagram and YouTube
- Instagram has more than 1 billion monthly active users.
- It’s expected that by 2020, influencer marketing on Instagram will become a $2.3 billion industry.
- As of now, the top 50 most followed Instagram influencers have more than 2.5 billion followers combined.
- 55.4% of influencers favor Instagram Stories for sponsored campaigns.
- On Instagram, brands and influencers prefer to create content in the form of photos, videos, and Instagram Stories.
- However, it’s important to note that Instagram Stories stay for only 24 hours.
- 60 seconds is the maximum duration for Instagram videos.
- Brands and Instagram influencers can place the product links either in their Stories or in their profile bios.
- If your products are more visually appealing, then Instagram is the most effective platform for your brand.
- Niches like travel, lifestyle, fashion, and fitness can thrive on Instagram.
- Huda Kattan, Jesse Driftwood, and Zach King are some of the popular and most followed Instagram influencers.
Hand Picked Content
- As of 2018, YouTube has 1.9 billion monthly active users.
- 7 out of 10 YouTube subscribers report that they are able to relate to their favorite YouTuber easily.
- 40% of millennials say that their favorite YouTube influencers understand them better than their families.
- Similar to Instagram, YouTube recently introduced a YouTube Stories feature. The Stories on YouTube stay for 7 days. Channels with more than 10K subscribers can leverage this new feature.
- YouTube Influencers can either post a video or talk about the brand in their YouTube Stories.
- When compared to Instagram, you can post much longer videos on YouTube. You have the option to upload a video upto 12 hours long or of a 128GB file size.
- Influencers and brands can place the product or brand link in the description box or on the cards.
- YouTube is the best option for your campaign if you want want a detailed description of the features and benefits of your products.
- Niches like beauty, gaming, and tech are most popular on YouTube.
- Logan Paul, Cameron Dallas, and Lele Pons are some of the most famous YouTube influencers.
Hand Picked Content
- AI & Influencer Marketing – An Unlikely Partnership That’s Doing Wonders for ROI
- The Current State of Influencer Marketing: 4 Key Takeaways for You
Hopefully, this will help you pick the most suitable social platform for your brand and whether to work with Instagram influencers or YouTube influencers. The selection of a social platform also depends on your campaign goal, target audience, and your product or services.
Check out this infographic to learn more about Instagram vs YouTube influencers.
Brandon Brown is the CEO of Grin, an influencer marketing software solution for brands. Grin’s software helps customers identify, recruit & activate the world’s most engaging influencers. Prior to Grin Brandon led marketing for the #1 energy drink market in the world, Los Angeles & Orange County, at Red Bull North America. He is an expert in consumer marketing and has extensive experience working with the worlds largest brands to reach consumers through influencers, athletes, musicians and artists.
Was this article helpful? Give it a share!
What the best brands are doing to drive revenue from influencer marketing
Whether you are just getting started with influencer marketing or already have your program in place, this guide gives you the tools to get the return on investment your C-level will love.