20 Influencer Marketing Quotes of 2018
With the rise of social endorsements and social media selling, many brands are entering into meaningful collaborations. And 2018 is going to be the year of influencer marketing, and the year of micro-influencers
I have always been intrigued by the growth of influencer marketing. And quite recently, I got hooked on reading some amazing influencer marketing quotes.
The charm, humor, and wit of these quotes is fascinating. So I’ve decided to share some of my favorite influencer marketing quotes with you.
My List of 20 Insightful Influencer Marketing Quotes:
1. “Outside from Paid Social, the concept that I coined called ‘Leverage the Other’ is a new strategy that adds all the other users of social media who might be able to help spread word-of-mouth about your brand. These users can help you amplify your message.
What makes this strategy really efficient is that it combines unique and powerful concepts like Brand Advocacy, Employee Advocacy, and Influencer Marketing in achieving efficient word-of-mouth marketing from people that are most trusted by social media users: people like themselves.”
Neal Schaffer, Influencer Marketer
2. “Call it buying an audience before they buy your product, call it influencer marketing, call it what you like. At the end of the day as marketers we’re all just trying to create conversations that will ultimately increase our popularity in the online world – because we know that if we’re the most popular, consumers will come to us.”
Kirsty Sharman, Blogger at Social Media Today
3. “What will emerge is a new breed of creative partners who collaborate with others for a living. A partner that will combine the best of technology, with the best collaborative creative strategists, to work with the best creators across all platforms. Influencer (OK, creator) marketing should be part of an integrated marketing plan, and the best partners will play nice with others.”
Ian Schafer, Founder Deep Focus
4. “Influencers — they’re the best thing since sliced bread. But forget bread; they’re selling like hot cakes. They’re creating huge returns, and they’re only set to keep growing!”
5. “Influencers are people. People (or maybe personas) with a brand and an audience. What makes them attractive to advertisers is their ability to speak to a very defined group of fans. The way the ecosystem is maturing looks a lot like the internet in the early days”
Mike Schmidt, Founder Dovetale
6. “Influencer Marketing ROI blows online advertising out of the water. However, using influencers to solely drive awareness is as cost-effective as a Paula Deen fitness camp. The key to effective use of influencers is their ability to cause behavior”
Jay Baer, NY Times Bestselling Author
7. “Influencer marketing is one of the most popular marketing strategies for many brands and marketers. It is a successful way to reach out to and get involved with online audiences. The quality and authenticity of the content are the basis of a successful influencer marketing campaign. Influencer marketing is a very powerful marketing tool with a better return on investment (ROI)”
Shane Barker, Influencer Marketer
8. “Any influencer can get a ‘one-night stand’. Trusted social influencers leverage data and help the brand define success to get a call back the next day”
Brian Fanzo, CEO of iSocialFanz
9. “In today’s world, where the only thing we want more than privacy is to have none, to be known, celebrated, judged and followed, and where people want to be brands and brands want to be people, things are getting strange. Not least the sudden rush to use influencers.
This is what I call ‘the influencer paradox.’ “
Tom Goodwin, Executive at Zenith
10. “Influencer marketing is the first real consumer-driven marketing channel. It’s real people talking to real people. If you look back, consumers have really only had a voice for about the last 10 years. As that happened, people started to talk about things they were passionate about, building audiences and providing real valuable content to people.”
Todd Cameron, Head of content in a reputed firm
11. “Influencers are content creators with built-in distribution: a loyal following that spans across many channels, from their blog to various social platforms. Savvy influencers know to treat their following like their closest friends — and build trust with their audience. It is because of this relationship that influencer marketing, when executed correctly, works to affect purchasing behavior, particularly for the younger generations”
Kamiu Lee, VP of Strategy at Bloglovin
12. “Don’t believe the hype. ‘Influencer Marketing’ may be a terrible name that got off to a bad start. But it’s still the early days and my belief is that creators and curators are today’s DVRs. To write off ‘Influencer Marketing’ as a fad is a foolish game. Brands will figure out how to collaborate with culture creators and harness the distribution of curators. They’ll get these two groups feeding off each other and build them into the core of integrated marketing campaigns from the start.”
David Armano, Strategy at Edelmandigital
13. “Because they are personally invested in their crafts, micro-influencers are trusted sources of recommendations for followers.‘The Game’ isn’t just getting eyeballs; but getting eyeballs that care!”
Sidney Pierucci, Founder of ESPLMedia
14. “An influencer promoting and amplifying your message, your brand, to their audience means credibility. It means additional reach, and it means you get an outsized modifier to the conversion process.”
Rand Fishkin, Founder of Moz
15. “The first thing to consider in any influencer marketing campaign is understanding why your organization exists, and what it is trying to achieve. Absent this, and you’ve yet to influence yourself, let alone others.”
Philip Sheldrake, Co-founder at Digital Life
16. “The brands that execute influencer marketing the best are the ones that find influencers that perfectly align with their brand story. They’re able to create content that does not stray from the influencer’s normal content style. And most of all, the content they create still prioritizes the influencer’s voice above the brand’s.”
Nicolas Cole, Founder of DIgital Press
17. “Influencer marketing is one of the the most undervalued forms of marketing, in part because many people still don’t realize they are being sold to. Marketers pay lip service to the power of storytelling, but it is very, very, VERY real. The ability to tell a story on social media means everything to your brand or business. A great story can sell a product much faster than any data point can.”
Brittany Hoffman, Growth Consultant
18. “As the efficiency of digital push media declines by the hour, real and authentic content at scale will help to fill the void that shoppers find when seeking content along their prevailing digital pathways. By attaching personal influencer content to digital nodes as close to the point of purchase as possible, brands and retailers, will be able to better manage their relationships with shoppers without creating endless interruptions in their digital media consumption.”
John Andrews, CEO Photofy
19. “Gone are the days where you’d put an ad in a magazine or use a legitimate celebrity. Now are the days where you’ll pay any plant, animal or mineral with an online following to endorse your product.”
Amanda Rosenberg, Editor of Slackjaw
20. “Growing an online presence is important. But, let’s get real about influence. Presence doesn’t equal influence. Presence can be measured in social media followings. Influence can’t.”
Martha Giffen, Speaker Consultant
The quotes from the influencer marketing experts give you a strategic angle to manage your influencer campaigns. I hope you find them interesting and lucrative for your business.
These influencer marketing trends in 2018 highlight some astounding numbers. So make sure to check them out before you leave.
Also, I would love to know your favorite influencer marketing quotes and statistics. Please feel free to share them in the comments below.